You want to explore the world again, we know – it has been so long you did that. However, taking care is important regardless of what we are doing. This is why we are looking for the safest countries to travel in 2023.
However, ‘being safe’ is subjective, and understanding the concept as it relates to you would help. Generally, it has to do with being free or secure from harm/danger. Hence, the reason why we say safety and being safe is subjective is because the meaning differs.
For some, it is being far from the global pandemic and all that is related to COVID-19. Meanwhile, others would just love to be far from harassment, intimidation, and extortion.
Regardless of your definition of being safe, we will all agree that it is one of the most important considerations before traveling. We all want to know the best places to travel in 2023 despite covid and other problems facing the world.
Reasons Why People Travel
Tourism is something that will never go out of fashion and the reasons for this is too numerous to mention. For everyone searching for the safest countries to travel in 2023, there is a different reason why they want to travel. Some of such would include.
- To challenge yourself
- For the experience
- It helps expand your knowledge and horizon
- To build and strengthen a relationship
- Learn about new people and their culture
- Relaxation and vacation
- To find solutions to problems
- For the adventure that comes with it
- To see things from a new perspective
- To enjoy different weather and atmosphere
- A means to escape the world
- To celebrate milestones and occasions
- To see friends and family
Safest Countries to Travel in 2023
Why you are traveling is unimportant to us, what we both ant are the safest places to travel to right now. In brief, we looked at all the reasons we have listed above and the ones we did not list. Thus, we concluded that you want the safest place for one of these three reasons;
- Peace and quiet
- The pandemic.
Generally, we all want to avoid any place that stresses us too much with COVID restrictions. This is because it reduces how many activities we can have when we travel. Also, no one wants to be caught up in a country that is still having an increasing number of positive COVID cases. Therefore, asking which is the safest country for travel could also be about security.
You wouldn’t want to travel to Afghanistan at least not now. Being far from security unrest is very important and this is why some of you are here.
If COVID is your main concern then check out these countries without any COVID case.
Lastly, a stress-free vacation destination sees the combination of all reasons. We want to have the time of our lives without having to worry about security or COVID. A combination of all these qualities formed the yardstick we used for judging during this research. To summarize, we got 15 amazing countries for you, they include;
1. Iceland (Safest Countries to Travel)
There was no other place we could start the list asides from Iceland. Iceland is one of the few European countries that were not badly affected by COVID. They have managed to maintain their reputation as one of the safest countries to travel in 2023.
Going past COVID, Iceland is considered one of the safest countries in the world. However, this is attributed to the crime rate which is one of the lowest in the world. The crime rate here is five times more than in the U.S. So, if you can plan a vacation in Las Vegas, there is no reason why you shouldn’t go to Iceland.
There is a long list of activities to do in Iceland when you are here for vacation, some of which includes.
- Go horseback riding
- Visit North Iceland and check Lake Myvatn or the Dettifoss Waterfall
- See some of the favorite sites for tourists like the Westfjords, Jokulasrloon Glacier Lagoon
- Go Snorkeling or snowmobiling at the Golden circle
- Also, go on a whale watching tour
- Relax in the Blue Lagoon Spa
- Go Glacier hiking and ice caving
- Have a night out in Reykjavik
- Chill in any of the natural hot pools across town
- See the Northern lights
2. The Bahamas
When you looking for the safest countries to travel in 2023, North America might not be your first choice. This is mainly because of the reputation that precedes countries in places like this. However, the Island of the Bahamas officially known as the commonwealth of the Bahamas is changing the status quo.
The CDC has given the Bahamas level 2 travel advisories showing moderate COVID levels here. Subsequently, if you plan on going here, just follow the COVID rules and you will be fine. Unlike in Iceland, the crime rate is generally high but there are so many secured resorts and beaches scared all across town here. Therefore, make sure safety is in the package when booking with your travel agency.
What the Bahamas lacks in sophistication, they make up for in activities and memories. Hence, there is a long list of activities to do in the Bahamas when you are here for vacation, some of which includes.
- Go on a boat cruise, sailing, and other water tours
- Spend some time at one of the beaches
- Water activities like Snorkeling, Diving, swimming with dolphins,
- Visit amazing places like the Lucayan National Park, Versailles Gardens, Leon Levy Native Plant Preserve, the Glass Window Bridge
- If you are out with the love of your life, try visiting a private island and exploring their activities
- Go to John Watling’s Distillery with friends
- Walk on the Queen’s staircase
3. Canada (Safest Countries to Travel)
Canada is not just part of the top 100 safest countries in the world but in the top 20 according to the Deep Knowledge Group. With these qualities, there is no way you can talk about the safest countries to travel in 2023 without mentioning them. Canada enjoys a level 3 travel advisory from the CDC in 2023.
For those who are fully vaccinated, you can go to Canada without having to quarantine. However, others would have to quarantine for some days and present a negative COVID test before they can enter the town.
Crime here is high when you look at the numbers and statistics but in real-time, Canada is one of the most peaceful places to visit in the world. Consequently, a lot of place offers you peace and quiet alongside a good time. There is a long list of activities to do in Canada when you are here for vacation, some of which includes;
- Spend time at tourist attractions like Ripley’s Aquarium of Canada, Mount Royal Park, Stanley Park, parliament hill and buildings, etc.
- Enjoy the spectacle of Niagara Falls
- Learn about the culture and history at the heritage park historical village, Royal BC Museum,
- Go fancy by visiting Banff Gandola with friends
- Take a stroll around Old Quebec
- Have fun with the whole family at the Toronto Island Park,
- Enjoy different water activities at Laka Ontario
- Go shopping at west Edmonton mall
- Stay at Whitehorse and catch the Northern lights
4. New Zealand
For many travelers, New Zealand remains one of the safest countries to travel alone. So many things are attributed to this, one is the low number of COVID patients in the country. New Zealand wants to keep things this way. Therefore, they have a lot of strict rules and regulations as regards people coming in.
Generally, New Zealand makes the top position in all the good books of the world. This is why picking them as one of the safest countries to travel in 2023 is an easy decision. From low crime rates to high GeoSure rating, New Zealand is just perfect for you.
There is a long list of activities to do in New Zealand when you are here for vacation, some of which includes.
- Go to the Northern Island and Boogie Board down dunes
- Visit the set of the Hobbit movies – Hobbiton
- The bay of the various islands here offer sailing as one of the fan favorites
- Visit a volcanic island like Mount Eden, Rangitoto, etc.
- For those who look good wine, you can go on a wine adventure at Waiheke Island
- Kayaking amongst other water activities are a must add to your to-do list
- Visit one of the hot water beaches and dig a spa for you and your partner
- Visit and stay at the Hamilton Gardens
- Chill at the Waitomo caves and see a glow worm
The three yardsticks are perfectly crossed when it comes to Australia. Continent or Country, it does matter what you see it as, it remains one of the safest places to go to right now. To begin with, is the fact that this country has a very high score when it comes to COVID mitigation. A combination of a good health care system and some rules/restrictions have made this possible.
Rather than war or a robbery, what you should be scared of in Australia are snakes, spiders, and the likes. This country is home to a lot of animals including some endangered species. In terms of peace and quiet, Australia is one of the best in the land. Just like in Iceland, the crime rate here is very low. Hence, when you move to vacation, this is where you win everything with this country.
There is a long list of activities to do in Iceland when you are here for vacation, some of which includes.
- Go see a movie or musical in Syndey at their opera house
- Explore the great barrier reef
- See the Uluru, Sydney harbor bridge, royal botanic garden, Kata Tjuta,
- Spend some time with your family, friends, or partner at one of their beaches/resorts
- Go to their natural game reserves and marvel at nature at its finest
- Take a boat and move around the 12 apostles
- Go have fun at Kakadu national park, Taronga zoo, Grampians national park, Art gallery of New South Wales, etc.
- Go all out in the waters with kayaking, Snorkeling, Diving, boat cruises, and many others.
6. The United Arab Emirates
What we are looking for is more than just the safest countries to travel to during COVID although it is part. We want to have a good time while being safe and far from COVID and other harmful scenarios. This is exactly why we recommend going to the United Arab Emirates.
Therefore, when you are looking for a man-made haven; this is where you go to. For a country as industrious as this you would be shocked to see that they have a low crime rate. When you are looking for some quiet, UAE is one of the safest countries to travel in 2023.
Restrictions for travel have been put in place by the government here. This has been helpful to the control of the spread of COVID here. The UAE has also received a level 1 travel advisory from the state department and CDC showing low levels of COVID restrictions.
However, this is not your usual Asian country but just one visit will change your mind. There is a long list of activities to do in Iceland when you are here for vacation, some of which includes.
- Visit one of the themed parks scattered across the country
- Try the world’s longest zipline over the jagged contours of Jebel Jais
- Take a break and enjoy some time at the beach
- Try out the array of features and activities found on any of their resorts
- Visit the Burj Khalifa, go to their observation deck, and see the world from another view
- Explore and learn when you visit the museums in UAE
- Explore the waters and the activities that can be done with them
- Shop in one of the many malls
7. Sweden (Safest Countries to Travel)
We don’t care what you are looking for – the safest countries to travel alone or with someone. Sweden will always be a top-ranking option for us. There are just too many reasons why we say this. First, is the fact that they have a good score when it comes to COVID mitigation.
The GeoSure score for Sweden is also high making it one option you shouldn’t ignore. Hence, if your only travel fear is contracting COVID then this is the perfect option for you.
This Scandinavian nation has one of the lowest crime rates in all of Europe. Making it one of the safest countries to travel in Europe. There is a long list of activities to do in Iceland when you are here for vacation, some of which includes.
- Celebrate the summer solstice
- With more than 90,000 lakes and a 3,200-mile coastline, swimming is a must in Sweden
- Visit one of the beaches and enjoy some time with your family
- Kayaking, boat cruises, and other water activities can be done
- Explore and learn at the art galleries and museums scattered all across town
- Visit a game reserve here and see nature at its best
Finland might be one of the smallest countries but it is still one of the safest countries to travel to in 2023. The low crime rate of Finland keeps getting even lower as the day goes by. One common thing with Scandinavian countries like this is their desire to always be eco-friendly.
On the aspect of COVID, restrictions have been put in place to help with the control of COVD spread across town. Finland is bordered on all sides by Sweden, Norway, and Russia.
In terms of what to do, there is a long list of activities to do in Iceland when you are here for vacation, some of which includes.
- Vissi Santa Park and spend time with Mr. and Mrs. Claus
- Learn about the people and their culture in the museums
- Go on a food adventure if you came with your partner
- Explore the spectacle of Olavinlinna, Turun Linna, Lumilinna, etc.
- A picnic in Suomenlinna
- During winter, you can try skiing in Levi or any other place
- Visit and have fun at the Helsinki Zoo, Archipelago national park, Sarkanniemi amusement park, etc
- Go shopping at any of the markets in Finland
- Enjoy the spectacle of watching the Imatrankoski rapids
- See the northern lights
It is impossible to talk about the safest countries to travel in 2023 without mentioning Japan. With a GPI score of 1.391, you cannot just fault them when looking for reasons to feel unsafe. With one of the most effective pandemic response strategies – COVID mitigation is quite strong in Japan. There are still travel restrictions in place, especially for people that are not vaccinated.
Generally, peace and quiet are assured here as Japan has one of the lowest crime rates in the world. Most tourist attractions and resorts in Japan have personal security details. Making you feel even safer during your stay.
Japan sees a combination of land and water. This means there is a long list of activities to do in Iceland when you are here for vacation, some of which includes.
- Spend at least one night in Ryokan
- Stroll around an Onsen town (in a Kimono)
- Go to a theater for an opera or a music
- Enjoy the traditions of the land by watching the Geishas dance or sumo wrestling
- You and your friends can explore the town dressed as Geishas
- Learn about the people and their history at the museums and art galleries
- Ride a shinkansen (bullet train)
- Spend a day with your family at DisneySea or the Universal studios
- Rent a chopper and enjoy the view of Japan from the skies
- Enjoy the nightlife of Tokyo
For those looking for the safest countries to travel in Africa, Tanzania remains the top option for you. It might not have the lowest crime rates like the others here. However, the government puts a lot of resources into tourism and the protection of tourists. The United Republic of Tanzania as it is officially called is a country found in East Africa. COVID is still on the rise here but not at alarming rates.
Also, strict restrictions are still in place here – so there should be no fear as regards that. However, it is advised to plan your trip properly when you are planning to visit Tanzania. Most times the destination will be Zanzibar and if that is the case, here are all the things you need to know before making the trip. Things like resort/hotel accommodation and transportation should be sorted out before your arrival.
What makes Tanzania stand out is the lorryload of activities that you can do here on vacation, some There are so many things to do here and they include.
- Take a break from life and just chill at the beach
- Visit the spa in your resort/hotel with your partner for a spa date
- Stroll through stone town and learn about the people and their culture
- Visit the markets and enjoy shopping
- Attend one of the three major festivals
- Enjoy nature and wildlife at its best at the Jozani Forest and the Jozani-Chwaka Bay National Park
- Visit the spice plantations around the countryside
- Kayaking, Snorkelling, and other water activities must be added to your to-do list if you visit
As we have established, safety comes in many different ways. It means different things to different people. Therefore, for travels in 2023, they want three things – some peace and quiet, distance from COVID, and fun. We combined these three features and the above are 10 of the safest countries to travel in 2023.
Vacation destinations are important and if you want to see more of them, here is a list of our top 10 summer vacation destinations.
Before traveling, during your travel and when you come back, there would be a lot of things you should know. This is why we urge you to sign up for our newsletter, as we will be keeping you updated on the latest trends in the travel sector.
Also, for Travel agencies, we have seen the increasing need for proper management of your interactions with your customer. This prompted us to search for a solution and makes things even easier for you. Our solution is the Attenvo Travel CRM software. Still do not know what a CRM is? Well, you are not alone, just check out this article on why you need a CRM for your travel business.